What is the Unreached People Groups Initiative?
Nearly 7000 People Groups with No Witness, No Scripture, and No Church in Their Midst.
Goal: Within ten years our targeted “UPG’s” will have a viable indigenous church that is strong enough to reach their own people.
Strategy: To immediately recruit, train and send new missionaries to our targeted UPGs with the five-year goal to plant a viable, indigenous church planting movement in each one.
How to Engage:
- Join or form an “R&I Cohort”* to help find Target UPGs
- Join or form a “Go Team” to engage a target UPG on a five-year mission
- Join or form an “Advocacy Group” to support Go Team partnerships
*Research and Identify (R&I COHORT)
- Build a team to assist us in researching potential UPGs for our focus
- Using available UPG information, the team will filter data through six criteria:
- Population is greater than 50,000
- Have less than 2% evangelicals
- Have scriptures in their heart or second language
- Demonstrate high receptivity
- Accessible to Globe Network people (Accessible to Witness)
- Proximity to Globe Network (Globe Network Neighbor)
We can’t do it all but we will do our part
You can support this challenge
- Give to our UPG FUND – $1 million goal.
- Advocate to your church and community.
- Sign up to GO – visit a group with us, or commit the next 5 years to reach a group with your church and community.