- Jun 17 My trip to America was very busy but, it was also filled with tons of blessings and more than enough!! Everywhere I went; people were so generous and encouraging!
- Apr 16 I will be taking a trip to the states for missions Confrence, as well as travelling to different churches in many different states. Please pray for protection and that He will continue to supply all that I need!
- Jan 1 This year, I want to focus on meeting with the ladies more one on one; doing devotions with them, helping them grow into who God is calling them to be and what that looks like exactly!
- Jan 16 I put on a Christmas party for all of the ladies in the church! It was so much fun! All together there were twenty one ladies who came, two of them were the girls who live upstairs on the House. I was so thankful that they came and joined us!
- Aug 3 Just a few weeks ago it was time for the Summer Kinrick Kids Club here at Overtoun house! WOOHOO! This year’s theme was all about “Wild Animals” – how God created them and how we learn from them. Each animal had a Bible story to go with them!
- Jun 1 This month has been quite exciting! God is on the move. He is showing up in new ways and challenging the ladies that I work with on a weekly basis.
- May 1 During the month of April I spent three weeks in America so that I could fund raise and spend time with my family. I must say, it was a very delightful and fruitful time!
- Feb 15 This month has been full of God surprises! In Kinrick Kids we have been teaching them what it means to share Jesus with others. All of the kids memorized the way and almost everyone said YES to Jesus!! This was very exciting for us!!
- Jan 9 Thank you all so much for you continued prayers and support through-out this past year! I am honored to have each and every one of you walking this journey with me!
- Nov 10 School breaks and holidays are over, you know what that means….Kinrick Kids is back in action!!! This year coming back to the school that I help at, there are 50 kids signed up! Woohoo!!!!
- Nov 1 I am happy to announce that at the beginning of this month I arrived back home safe and sound! My time in America was Great! I enjoyed seeing everyone and getting the opportunity to catch up and share about what God is doing here in Scotland.
Jessica Tomlinson is 27 years old and has been serving as a missionary in Scotland for four years. She serves with Bob and Melissa Hill (22 years in Scotland) and Ryan, Chris, Cassy Haney (14 years in Scotland). They all live at Overtoun House. Overtoun House is a refuge for women in crisis, where they can receive hope, healing, and restoration!
Jessica desires to reach out to the women and children of Scotland and together discover the calling that God has placed on their lives, to find who they are in Him and to set them in motion to walk in all that God has for them. She wants to reach out and love the people of Scotland, whether this is through meeting with the ladies of the church individually or by having a group meeting where they discuss God’s word by reading specific books and talking about how they can apply His word to their everyday life!
Jessica also assists Ryan, Chris and Cassy Haney with their children’s ministry. They go into the schools and put on an after School Bible club similar to Vacation Bible School. Another one of her responsibilities is handling administrative work for Bob and Melissa Hill. She knows that God has His perfect plan written out for each person here in Scotland and is thankful and honored to be a part of what He is doing!
Jessica grew up in Portland, Indiana. One day at the age of eight Jessica was in class reading the Biography of Mary Slessor. Mary Slessor was a Scottish young lady who grew up in Scotland but later became a missionary to Africa. She was the first white woman to ever go to Africa and share Jesus with the people who lived there. Mary reached many people for the Lord and ended up dying in Africa. After Jessica finished reading Mary Slessor’s story, she knew that God had called her to be a missionary as well. She did not know what this looked like or how but, she knew that she was to go.
Living in Indiana, Jessica went to church in her home town and they held a once-a-month Missions night. They talked in detail about the lives of many missionaries. This helped grow Jessica’s desire for being a missionary. Still being very young she had no idea what God was doing and where He was going to take her but she remained steadfast and continued to grow where He had her. Jessica grew up on a farm. There she learned how to do so many different things. At the time she did not care for the tasks at hand, but little did she know, God was growing her and teaching her things that she would need to know when it was time for her to live in Scotland.
At the age of 14 Jessica moved with her family to Foley, Alabama. Living in Alabama she got plugged into a church called Liberty Church – Foley Campus. She became involved in serving the youth and was a youth leader for several years. When Jessica was 18 years old a friend told her about Globe and the classes they offered for missions. Her friend invited her to go and learn more. Jessica knew this was the next step in what God was asking her to do. That night she signed up for the class! Over the next six months she had no idea that God would change her heart so much! Bob and Melissa Hill came to her church for Missions Conference and there they shared all about what God was doing in their lives in Scotland. It was in that moment that God revealed her mission to Scotland.
A generation that has been called out of darkness and into light…1 Peter 2:9
Jessica is currently assisting Bob & Melissa Hill with the administration and management of a women’s in crisis.