- Apr 2 Challenge Farm welcomed four new children in January and February!
- Mar 1 Thank you to all those who sent Valentine cards for the children and staff. We received hundreds of Valentines!
- Jan 7 We look back at 2018 with hearts full of gratitude! What a great year! And we thank God and all of our sponsors and supporters!
- Jun 5 God answered our prayers. We were able to get a Mama Cow! She is pregnant and due around mid-September. We were also able to get all the school textbooks we needed. Thank you for taking the challenge!
- Apr 3 Take the Challenge and help us get new textbooks! The Kenyan government instituted a new system of education. All of our textbooks need to be replaced. The books cost $7-8 each. Donate securely online www.globeintl.org - Learn more in our latest news
- Feb 5 Send the children valentines. Get your friends, neighbors, co-workers, sunday school and youth group involved. Send cards to: light & power center at Challenge Farm. For information about Valentine's Day mailings contact --- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sep 27 The Children at Challenge Farm Love to Receive Letters! Thank you to all those who send letters to the children. Letters and cards really encourage them! Just a friendly reminder! Contact us about how to send your child a letter!
- Aug 29 Questions for Sanyo: What importance are Bible verses to the Challenge Farm children? "It encourages the children to depend on the Word of God. It helps them to grow spiritually. The children memorize Bible verses, especially the verse of the year."
- Aug 1 Can you be an answer to their prayers? It is because of sponsorship that over 195 children have a place to call home at Challenge Farm. Less than 25% of our children are fully sponsored. Most of our children need sponsors. TAKE THE CHALLENGE!
- Jun 27 Thanks to our generous supporters we installed covered walkways from the school to the boys’ and girls’ dining halls, plastered the exterior and interior walls of our chapel and installed new ceiling boards in the Administrative Building offices!
- May 25 “Whatever we possess becomes double value when we share it with others! Looking around at Challenge Farm, your prayers, moral and financial support have brought change in the lives of our many children. Thank You!" - Sanyo (Challenge Farm Director)
- May 10 Forty Three new children love being at Challenge Farm with three meals per day, a bed, clothes, medical help and being able to go to school! Sponsorship makes this possible!
Cheri Thompson and her late husband, Rick went to Kenya in 1987. Beginning in 1992, Cheri began working with street children in the slums of Nairobi. Ministry grew to a Sunday morning Bible Club and soccer club and then to a drop in center where over 50 street children came to receive a hot meal, medical care and learn about the love of Jesus. In 2003, Cheri opened Challenge Farm in Kitale, Kenya. Challenge Farm is “home” to over 170 children today. 24/7 care is provided for the once orphaned and abandoned children. Hot meals, medical care, counseling, education and technical and agricultural training are provided through the generous gifts of supporters and the child sponsorship program. Some of the current staff of 47 were once street children cared for at the Farm, who went on to University and received degrees and now work in administration, finance, maintenance and social work.
Today, situated on the ten-acre farm are girls’ and boys’ dorms and dining halls, kitchen, food storage, chapel, school (Nursery Class thru Class 8), library, agricultural dept. (cows, chickens, sheep, beekeeping, vegetable gardens), training workshop, soccer field, social work and maintenance offices, administrative offices and a guest house for visitors.
“I know that our Sovereign Lord is in the business of transforming lives and it is always a privilege to see it happening before our eyes. Praise God, it is happening at Challenge Farm.” ~ Cheri E., a recent visitor to Challenge Farm