- Oct 22 We are in the planning stages of another sewing group to start in a very poor area of Managua. A dear missionary friend is helping facilitate this group of about a dozen young mothers who will be learning basic sewing skills.
- Aug 19 We’ll be heading back to Nicaragua soon. We covet your prayers for effectiveness in the work that God is doing in and through us in Nicaragua, that his Word will accomplish the purpose set forth – to bring people to Christ.
- Jul 23 Elijah’s Pantry is a grocery distribution ministry to families in great need and is made possible by your generous financial support. The gratitude expressed by those receiving assistance is difficult to convey.
- Jun 10 Elijah’s Pantry needs funds to supply basic staples like rice, beans, corn flour, oil and milk for needy families. Mark your gift ‘Elijah’s Pantry’!
- May 8 Elijah’s Pantry has been a tremendous resource for many families living in extreme hardship. Your gifts to this ministry are making a difference!
- Mar 14 The ladies’ sewing group is bearing much fruit! During a dark time in the country of Nicaragua, God’s daughters are walking in the light of his presence.
- Feb 11 25 Years of God’s Faithfulness on the Mission Field! We are deeply grateful for each of you who have walked alongside us and supported us through your prayers, encouragement, and financial support.
- Aug 15 We were recently blessed with a precious gift – 500 Spanish Bibles! One of our greatest desires for the people, aside from knowing Christ, is for each believer to possess their own Bible!
- Feb 8 We arrived back in Nicaragua in early December. The ministry at La Boquita has continued without interruption thanks to co-laborers like Cesar Medina, whose faithfulness is a blessing beyond description.
- Aug 21 We are currently in the States to be near Leah as she prepares to undergo her second round of treatment for thyroid cancer. Your prayers and support are needed now more than ever!
- Jul 2 A dozen surfers met to watch The Cross and the Switchblade, by David Wilkerson. God used this story to further impact the guys’ hearts. God is transforming their lives by the greatness of his power! Keep your prayers going for the surfers!
- May 8 Tesoros de Dios is expanding their facilities to include dozens of children on an endless waiting list. Resources for children with special needs in Nicaragua are extremely limited and this ministry is filling a great need!
Mark and Kevin Randall have been serving on the mission field since 1994. They have served in the Philippines, London and South Africa and are currently serving in Nicaragua.
Their vision is inspired by the Word of God, Isaiah 61: ‘The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.’
After years of building relationships, establishing a ministry presence and laying a spiritual foundation, the Lord led Mark to plant a church at La Boquita, a fishing village nestled along the Pacific coast of Nicaragua. Mark is actively involved in the community through a variety of surfing activities such as surf camps and contests. The core of the ministry includes evangelism and discipleship and are accomplished through the preaching of God’s Word, Bible Studies, prayer and fellowship.
The Randalls work alongside the Nicaraguan community to help facilitate life sustaining projects such as digging wells to provide clean water, providing water purifiers, hosting medical clinics and partnering with others to build schools and other needed resources.
Kevin teaches sewing and quilting classes to women, enabling them to learn skills to help support their families. Currently, they are making lap quilts for cancer patients and others in need of care and comfort. She also helps individuals with disabilities by providing resources and instruction to help them reach their potential and fulfill their purpose in life. Kevin and Leah, her daughter, also have a ministry named Living Beyond the Edge, inspiring women to live courageously and wholly engaged in God’s purpose.
The Randalls also have a food bank ministry which provides groceries and other essential items to orphans, widows, disabled persons and others in desperate need.
‘The people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light, and for those dwelling in the region and shadow of death, on them a light has dawned.’ Matthew 4:16