- Aug 1 Back in Thailand, good progress has been made! God is continuing to add to the movement those who are being saved. In our discipleship program to help people begin following Jesus, the tenth step is to help others know and follow Jesus also.
- Jul 1 We are thankful that we have seen a core group of believers come to Jesus and teams going out each day to evangelize, pastor and plant new works. Now, we plan on continuing the training of the leaders, equipping them further.
- Jun 1 We believe having the scriptures in their heart language will be a key in seeing the Gospel be passed on to future generations of the Isaan people.
- Apr 26 Globe and Liberty Church will be holding their mission conferences all across Pensacola during April 28th through May 5th. We are excited to see many of you who can come out for these events.
- Apr 1 We are writing to you as we are traveling in the USA! We had a great trip from Khon Kaen to Orlando via Bangkok, Shanghai, and San Francisco.
- Mar 20 Please pray for us as we get ready to go to America. There are lots of details to wrap up. Please pray also that our visa renewal goes well and that we will be granted another year to minister in Thailand.
- Feb 1 During December, Jaxon, our two-year-old grandson developed HUS, which is a complication from an E. Coli infection. His kidneys shut down and he was air lifted to UCDavis Children’s Hospital in Sacramento. Read More in our February newsletter...
- Jan 12 Last month, we put out a special letter explaining the need for a van. Thank you so much to those of you who have helped us so far! We have about $7,500 to go! If you would like to donate for this you can note: Hughes Vehicle Fund on the remit.
- Jun 21 As we have traveled from place to place, it has been so good to reconnect with many of you who have made it possible for us to serve the people of Thailand all these years. We feel so grateful that God has given us your friendships. Thank you!
- May 18 Bill shared at the Globe retreat on the things we are learning as we plant micro churches in Asia. We also got a chance to share at several churches in the Pensacola area. We loved seeing old friends and how the Lord is working in every place.
- Jan 26 Many of you have been praying we would have missionaries join us, and we are happy to report, the lord has sent reinforcements! Brian & Mary Stubenrauch with their children, as well as Chris & Whitney Lawson with their children will be joining us!
Bill and Julie both received a call from the Lord to preach the Gospel in Asia.
In 1991, after ten years of marriage and ministry in the States, God opened the doors and they moved their family to Thailand. They began in the central region where they spent their first seven years learning the Thai language and working with a team to plant Grace Bible Church.
In 1998, they moved to Northeast Thailand and began River of Life Church Planting and Evangelistic Ministry in the city of Khon Kaen. Starting with their outreach team and a few neighborhood boys, they started meeting in a rented facility. They trained their team and worked together with them to win people to Jesus and disciple new believers. After the church was established, they began reaching out to villages surrounding the city. Thus a new ministry was born.
In 2013, they began working exclusively in the villages. Groups began to form as a natural and effective way to disciple believers. Now, they oversee groups that meet in homes and a team which is made up of village believers who work alongside them to evangelize and plant new groups in the rural areas. They are very committed disciples and have a passionate desire to follow Jesus. They come back reporting what God has done. The miracles, the baptisms, the new villages being reached- all point to the fact that they could be on the cusp of a movement among the Northeast Thai people.
- Thai people should be able to follow Jesus, experience the Kingdom of God and have an engaging relationship with other believers without having to leave their village.
- Villagers should be able to freely share their faith and minister to others without mandatory participation in another church that is located many miles away.
- Home churches enable the believer to reach their family, neighbors and friends while providing a framework for discipleship and church growth within their village communities.
We began to ask “What If..”
- Thai believers could be empowered to reach their family and neighborhood
- Leadership and Bible training could take place right where they live
- Thai believers could lead their own churches
- Village House Churches could multiply freely
- We could see a Jesus movement in the Unreached Villages of Northeast Thailand
Bill and Julie have four grown children and two grandchildren.
Isaac, their eldest, is a missionary with Globe International working in Thailand, along the Burma border. He supports a Burmese church and school for children. He also does recording work for Burmese; worship music and audio Bible recordings.
Updated prayer requests:
Finances as we travel in the States this summer.
Direction and wisdom for the Thai believers while we are away.
More churches to be planted all over the Northeast, throughout Thailand and Asia.
Health and strength