- Oct 10 In Pensacola, we were privileged to be a part of the Globe candidate school. What a great week with the Globe staff, the volunteers and the six candidates. It’s a very full week of interviews, training and lots of laughter!
- Aug 2 This month we celebrate 32 years on the mission field! What an amazing GOD we serve! He has allowed us to live in two wonderful countries and to travel to so many more! Who could have asked for a better life?? Glory!
- Jun 13 Well, June is here and we’re back in Scotland! So good to be home – especially for Bob, who’s been away since mid-February! We returned in time for the launch of the new Wing in the House (glory! Hallelujah! Go GOD!)
- Apr 8 We are still waiting on the license from the licensing agency, but we have been assured we will receive it this month! The government paperwork is taking longer than anticipated. We were hoping to have it in hand, but next month for sure.
- Feb 6 Great News! Our floor manager, April, is coming on board in March! She is ready and willing and is a woman of faith! She is an asset to us even now, working with us on the government papers and moving us forward.
- Oct 6 Bob went to the States to take part in the Globe orientation for missionaries, as well as meet with a few strategic folks concerning opening the house. This is part of our responsibilities as Directors of Member Care for Globe International.
Bob and Melissa are high school sweethearts from Texas. Melissa graduated from UT Arlington. After Bob graduated from Bible College in Pensacola, Florida, they moved to Japan in 1985 with their three young children. In Japan, they lived in Nagoya for nine years conducting various community events from plays and cooking classes to Christmas programs, and established two churches. In 1995 Bob and Melissa and their boy/girl thirteen year old twins moved to Scotland, leaving their eldest daughter in university in the States. In Scotland, they lead a church, His Family Church, in the local community, and have renovated an 1800s baronial mansion, Overtoun House, located in the west of Scotland, as a safe house for women offering them hope and counselling and life skills training. The team in Overtoun House work together in/for the community as well as help with the Overtoun House Tea Room and other projects.
Bob and Melissa’s family now includes, along with their three adult children, two spouses and seven grandchildren. Three grandchildren live in Scotland and four live in Minnesota. The two of them love the people and the country of Scotland!