- Mar 23 We were so happy to receive our President of Globe International, Doug Gehman for a visit with us. Doug had never been up to the mountains of Guatemala to our village of San Juan Ostuncalco.
- Feb 28 We have been very busy getting all set up with the classes and new teachers and new students, well just lots of new things. At the moment we are in the last part of installing our new kitchen area. It is a beautiful huge kitchen with 2 stoves!
- Nov 9 We are advancing with the construction of the new classrooms and the bathrooms, and the stairwell that will lead up to the second floor classrooms. With God there are no impossibilities, and He can provide the funds from his abundant sources.
- Sep 11 We love to share the Gospel & educate the mountain children from the highlands of Guatemala. Alfa y Omega Christian School is known throughout the mountains of northern Guatemala as a school, who for the past 35 years, has upheld Jesus Christ.
- Aug 4 At the end of this school year, the first of October, we will start the construction of our new classrooms and bathrooms. Please read the August Newsletter on my Globe Member page for more information,
- Jun 4 We have always celebrated our school’s anniversary on the date that my husband German Ubico went on ahead of us to be with our Lord, May of 1982. This year it was the 35th year. After his passing, I started the ministry Alfa y Omega Christian school.
- May 2 We had a medical dental campaign with Renee’s (my daughter) friends Dr. Wayne and his wonderful lovely assistant, as well as Pastor JP Wilson. We were able to distribute worm pills and vitamins to the 800 children we have here at AyO Christian!
- Apr 12 Our vision for Christ to be known in the mountains of Guatemala not only continues after forty years of ministry, but also continues to grow. Please pray as we plan for expansion to our buildings in order to accommodate more students & more outreach!
- Feb 17 We have been super busy here at AyO Christian School, getting everyone settled in for a new school year, and in particular for the new arrival of students that are coming from other schools both private and public.
- Sep 28 Guatemala Celebrated their Independence Day on Sept. 14th. Our Kids from AyO Christian really got into the National Spirit! The AyO Band was invited to play the national anthem on Sept. 14th in front of town hall. It was a great honor to be chosen.
Judy has worked in the mountains of Guatemala since the 1970s. Even through personal tragedy (the loss of her husband), she and her children have endured and flourished in missionary service. She founded and oversees a Christian school of 800 children. The ministry also includes a training program for village women, which helps them develop skills in computer and cosmetology.