- Sep 23 Please continue to pray for the ministry and that God would guide me each day as I continue to try to move toward a self-sustaining ministry here. I see so much that needs to be done. Without your partnership, this wouldn’t be possible!
- Mar 30 We continue to meet for English Bible study on Tuesday evenings and have also begun a time of worship and praise in English and Spanish after the study. The group seems excited to practice English and also to be challenged through the Word each week.
- Mar 8 We have four new families joining the school this year. We changed the format to work with the whole family, so we have kids from 1st-6th grade. On Tuesday, I counted 20 children. With volunteers and parents, we were about 35 people in all!
- Jan 5 Right now, I’m re-evaluating and looking to prepare materials for this next school year. I’m also taking an on-line course for teaching English as a second language. I’ll soon be certified to teach English, Lord willing!
- Nov 14 I’m so excited to share with you that we had an excellent turn-out for our first English Camp last week! The team from Grace Community Church was a tremendous help with the camp.
- Oct 5 I’m excited to share that the Tuesday night adult English class has taken off! I started with only three people attending and was surprised when 16 people showed-up this past Tuesday!! Word has spread about the class and people are interested.
- Sep 8 Please also pray for protection as dengue has become a serious problem and now we’re told there are cases of Zika in the Atenas area, as well.
Christy Hepner began ministering in Costa Rica in 2010 when she filled-in as a nurse on campus at the orphanage, Hogar de Vida. She was asked to return the following year to organize and teach preschool on campus. She has taught children ages two to five years-old since 2011. Christy’s heart is to bring hope to the hopeless. She delights in sharing Christ with the children she works with daily.