- Aug 4 In July we held our week-long Kairos course in San Cristobal de Las Casas, about an hour away from our home. We had fourteen participants, including the pastors of the host church, and all of them were deeply impacted by the course.
- Jul 12 A pastor in San Cristobal, an hour drive from Tuxtla, asked if we would hold a Biblical Storytelling Workshop at his church. We’ve had 25-30 people participating even though it’s been cold and rainy every Thursday night so far!
- Jun 8 Alyson was one of the saddest cases of our time in Nicaragua. When she left the orphanage, we could no longer care for her, but God was still watching over her. Read our newsletter this month to see how He is writing a fantastic ending to her story!
- May 11 The week before Kairos we traveled two hours over to the coast to partner with another minister in several evangelistic outreaches. We took the whole family and stayed the night.
- Mar 9 Our one discipleship group is now two groups. We have meetings on Thursday and Saturday nights, one in Spanish and one in English. We are excited about what God is doing in these groups and the insights that God is giving as we dig into His Word!
- Feb 7 2017 began with a bang. Greg and I rented an office space for Misión Global, then my family made a 3-day visa trip to Guatemala. God gave us favor with the officials on both sides. Diana and I were also able to minister in a church near the border!
- Jan 4 We have big news: We have found an office location for Misión Global! For the past several months Greg and I have been working out of our homes (and various coffee shops), but we felt that it was time for Misión Global to have a permanent home!
- Oct 13 We have settled into our second month here in Mexico, and we are starting to get into a rhythm with church and school. We love the church to which we are connected, and they have welcomed us with open arms.
Diana grew up in a strong Christian home and accepted Jesus as her Savior at a young age. Following the example of her parents, served with various roles in children’s ministry, youth ministry, as a Worship Leader for 2 years and Secretary for 2 years. Diana always wanted to be a wife & mom and felt called to serve God with her whole life. This dream became a reality after marrying Josh! Her heart’s desire is to first see that her children genuinely know the love of God and hopefully love Him in return, second to support and encourage Josh, and finally to serve wherever she can in the ministry.
Josh also grew up in a wonderful Christian family. His parents lived by faith as his dad preached and ministered in prisons. After high school, Josh lived in London, the Philippines and South Africa for about a year. While there he fell in love with foreign missions. After returning home, he knew he wanted to serve God full-time. Josh served as the outreach pastor & young adults pastor at Liberty Church for 3 years and since then has learned the trade of a home builder under Magnolia Builders for the past 7 years. While volunteering at Globe International the last 2 years, Josh helped coordinate the Perspectives Course. His desire is to help raise up the next generation of Missionaries who will continue the work of proclaiming the gospel in the uttermost parts of the earth.
Josh & Diana met after college and, after a whirlwind romance, married in their hometown of Pensacola, FL in 2004. They have four beautiful children, Clara, Joel, Micah & Benjamin.
In 2007, shortly before their first child was born, Josh & Diana completed the Institute for Global Ministry. In 2014, they had the opportunity to serve in Nicaragua for 2 1/2 years. In the summer of 2016, they moved to Mexico to help with the launch of Mision Global.