- Mar 18 We excitedly began our second seekers group this month. As Jesus said, “the harvest is ripe.” We have a great privilege to partner with Him in the Great Commission with the things that are on His heart for our generation.
- Feb 13 While I was waiting to start ministry, the Lord was saying, “See the fields, they are white already unto harvest.” I didn’t have to look further than my own field because our gardener, Lupe, was hungry for the Word.
- Jan 13 The old decade 2010 has come and gone and the new decade of 2020 is upon us. We are excited to see what the Lord is going to do here in Mexico. After our recent move to San Luis Potosí, we are re-adjusting to the culture and climate.
- Oct 21 We were blessed to see our main training group multiply once since our arrival. As time goes on, we expect to hear of more growth from additional groups. For now, we will be seeking new areas and peoples to disciple in San Luis Potosí.
- Aug 13 Please continue to pray for this region to see a decline in regards to the political unrest we have seen. As always, we need your fervent prayers for open hearts to receive the Gospel and protection while we work here to bring the Good News.
- Jul 16 Two couples approached us last week for Zume Training! We see the Lord moving in their hearts to share the Gospel with others and make disciples. We are also praying about moving further west into areas that have less people who profess Christianity.
- Jun 20 We continue to see doors opened up through Filters of Hope. Our son Gideon (now 8) has been excitedly helping give kids clean drinking water. Your partnership has made a difference in the lives of our family and those we are able to reach here!
- May 21 May has been the month for baptisms. Praise the Lord. One of our Zumé Leaders asked if he could be baptized after class. We hurriedly filled up the kiddie pool and immediately Jose was baptized. Our whole class was so excited and cheered him on.
- Apr 18 In May we will be making a scouting trip to the first UUPG on our list so pray for clear direction and safe travels.
- Mar 19 What an incredible amazing start for March. We were excited to host Phil & Jami Covone in our home as they led us and about 12 people from our Spanish church in how to become a Disciple Making Movement.
- Feb 13 One of the most recent opportunities that Tynan has had was to hand out Bibles with the Gideon’s here in our town. He was partnered with a guy from our church that is also interested in partnering with Tynan to do MetaCamp Discipleship.
- Jan 1 Our family arrived back to Michoacan at the end of November. This trip has truly been an answer to prayer in so many ways. We quickly found an amazing affordable rental house in our desired area. It is very close to everything we need!
The call for missions was planted early in the lives of Tynan and Lydia Barnes. Having both graduated from Christ For the Nations in Dallas, Texas, they began pursuing the call to foreign missions in Central Mexico from 2012 to the Present.
They utilize a simple church discipleship method that organize training groups who are proclaiming the gospel to the unsaved, discipling those who respond to the gospel, and mentoring faithful disciples to serve as leaders among least and unengaged people groups in central Mexico.
Together with partners, the humanitarian part of the The King’s Harvest ministry brings clean water filters and buckets to families in smaller communities directly at no additional cost to the family. The mission of their water project is sharing the Love of God through the gift of clean, safe drinking water. Children and elderly people are obviously most at risk and many die needlessly every day from drinking unclean water as sewer infrastructures are nonexistent in many areas.
During a home visit they explain how to use the filter, show how to clean and use the filter, and do a follow up visit a week or two later to make sure everything is going well as well as give an opportunity to share a gospel presentation. The water filter they bring uses tiny micron filtration 100% of the time to ensure no bacteria or parasites can get through. This filter is easily attached to any bucket or other water receptacle and it flows freely for up to 250 gallons a day! If cared for properly this filter will produce 10+ years of clean, safe drinking water!
Also sharing in our missionary adventures are their five children: Talon (16), Evelyn (15), Hayden (11), Gideon (8) and Oren (4).
“And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.” 2 Timothy 2:2 NKJV