- May 1 During this quarantine, we were able to shift some of the Zúme Training classes to an online format using Zoom. This has been a great encouragement to the U.S. trainees and will also prepare them for when the quarantine is lifted.
- Apr 16 Thanks to the Lord, we are in good health as a family. Before the virus really hit our area, we were able to hand out hygiene kits including face masks, Bibles, and disposable gloves to the folks who work in our community guard shack.
- Mar 18 We excitedly began our second seekers group this month. As Jesus said, “the harvest is ripe.” We have a great privilege to partner with Him in the Great Commission with the things that are on His heart for our generation.
- Feb 13 While I was waiting to start ministry, the Lord was saying, “See the fields, they are white already unto harvest.” I didn’t have to look further than my own field because our gardener, Lupe, was hungry for the Word.
- Jan 13 The old decade 2010 has come and gone and the new decade of 2020 is upon us. We are excited to see what the Lord is going to do here in Mexico. After our recent move to San Luis Potosí, we are re-adjusting to the culture and climate.
- Oct 21 We were blessed to see our main training group multiply once since our arrival. As time goes on, we expect to hear of more growth from additional groups. For now, we will be seeking new areas and peoples to disciple in San Luis Potosí.
- Aug 13 Please continue to pray for this region to see a decline in regards to the political unrest we have seen. As always, we need your fervent prayers for open hearts to receive the Gospel and protection while we work here to bring the Good News.
- Jul 16 Two couples approached us last week for Zume Training! We see the Lord moving in their hearts to share the Gospel with others and make disciples. We are also praying about moving further west into areas that have less people who profess Christianity.
- Jun 20 We continue to see doors opened up through Filters of Hope. Our son Gideon (now 8) has been excitedly helping give kids clean drinking water. Your partnership has made a difference in the lives of our family and those we are able to reach here!
- May 21 May has been the month for baptisms. Praise the Lord. One of our Zumé Leaders asked if he could be baptized after class. We hurriedly filled up the kiddie pool and immediately Jose was baptized. Our whole class was so excited and cheered him on.
- Apr 18 In May we will be making a scouting trip to the first UUPG on our list so pray for clear direction and safe travels.
- Mar 19 What an incredible amazing start for March. We were excited to host Phil & Jami Covone in our home as they led us and about 12 people from our Spanish church in how to become a Disciple Making Movement.
The call for missions was planted early in the lives of Tynan & Lydia Barnes, having both graduated from Christ For the Nations in Dallas, Texas in 2002. As a family of 7, we began pursuing the call to foreign missions in Central Mexico from 2015 to the Present.
We utilize a simple church discipleship method that organizes training groups who are proclaiming the gospel to the unsaved, discipling those who respond to the gospel, and mentoring faithful disciples to serve as leaders among least and unengaged people groups in central Mexico.
Together with partners, the humanitarian part of the The King’s Harvest ministry brings immediate aid in four areas: Clean Water, Health & Hygiene, Bibles & Reading Glasses, and Emergency Food Bags.
During a home visits we assess the families needs for the above resources, explain how to use the filter, as well as give an opportunity to share the Gospel with them. An opportunity is presented to do a follow up visit a week or two later to make sure everything is going well and bring other hygiene items as needed. Consider partnering with us to meet spiritual and physical needs among least reached people groups.
“And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.” 2 Timothy 2:2 NKJV