- Jun 20 We continue to see doors opened up through Filters of Hope. Our son Gideon (now 8) has been excitedly helping give kids clean drinking water. Your partnership has made a difference in the lives of our family and those we are able to reach here!
- May 21 May has been the month for baptisms. Praise the Lord. One of our Zumé Leaders asked if he could be baptized after class. We hurriedly filled up the kiddie pool and immediately Jose was baptized. Our whole class was so excited and cheered him on.
- Apr 18 In May we will be making a scouting trip to the first UUPG on our list so pray for clear direction and safe travels.
- Mar 19 What an incredible amazing start for March. We were excited to host Phil & Jami Covone in our home as they led us and about 12 people from our Spanish church in how to become a Disciple Making Movement.
- Feb 13 One of the most recent opportunities that Tynan has had was to hand out Bibles with the Gideon’s here in our town. He was partnered with a guy from our church that is also interested in partnering with Tynan to do MetaCamp Discipleship.
- Jan 1 Our family arrived back to Michoacan at the end of November. This trip has truly been an answer to prayer in so many ways. We quickly found an amazing affordable rental house in our desired area. It is very close to everything we need!
- Nov 1 We are at 100% in Partnering Pledges. What a great testimony to the Lord!
- Oct 1 We are excitedly researching 8 groups that fall into the category of Unengaged, Unreached People groups in Mexico. Please keep us in prayer during these final days as we look to return to Mexico in the coming months.
- Sep 1 I returned to our Mexican village at the end of August and was able to hear and see what the Lord had done in our absence for the last year and a half. There is a weekly Christian church service being held in that beloved village.
- Aug 1 Later this month I, Tynan will be going back to Mexico to prepare for our family to come later this fall and also to get a feel for what areas the Lord would have us prayer walk. I would appreciate your prayers as we make transition decisions.
- Jul 26 We continue this month to meet with people stateside and encourage them to have a part in the great commission. Last month our funding jumped from 18% to 28%. This is exciting news!
The call for missions was planted early in the lives of Tynan and Lydia Barnes. Having both graduated from Christ For the Nations in Dallas, Texas, we began pursuing the call to foreign missions by joining World Indigenous Missions in 2012 – 2017 and served as Indigenous Church Planting Trainees in a 2yr apprenticeship.
In January 2017, we completed this apprenticeship training among an unreached indigenous people group in the Sierra Madre Mountains in western central Mexico, by preparing a rich soil for planting the gospel through humanitarian aid with the emphasis of good works. In 2017 we returned to stateside to the U.S. seeking rest, new vision, consistent education for our children and additional ministry preparation for future work in Mexico.
In the Fall of 2018 the Barnes Family returned to Mexico with Globe International as our mission’s agency. Ministry goals for that year included becoming fully funded financially through Partnership Development with Kingdom Come Training. Also, through completing our Discipleship Training this summer, MetaCamp trained us to plant Simple Churches by being this sort of community as well as to equip others (we can train you too) to multiply Obey GCSquared communities.
What is obeyGC2? It stands for “obey the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:36-40) and the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20).”The spiritual family with Jesus (represented by the fish symbol) in their midst as king (represented by the crown) is a Simple Church. They also are people who are Loving God, Loving Others and Multiplying Disciples (represented by the three vertices of the triangle) Those are the bases for Christian community.
This Spring 2019, we are also excited to be planning strategic scouting trips to Unengaged & Unreached People Group areas that will prayerfully consider ways to implement the training we have received. We believe that the Lord has a specific place for the Barnes Family as we transition our family of seven back into Mexican culture and seek to serve the Lord by making disciples.
Also sharing in our missionary adventures are our five children: Talon (16), Evelyn (14), Hayden (10), Gideon (7) and Oren (3). The Barnes Family are committed to pointing the way to Jesus here in Mexico and abroad. People are important to God, so they are important to the Barnes family.
“And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.” 2 Timothy 2:2 NKJV